This function library is included as part of the 86Duino IDE Coding 103 and later, to support the CAN bus communication interface built-in to the 86Duino One controller board.
CAN is a common communication protocol in the industrial field, able to support highly secured and timing critical control system. CAN bus is a common interface for automobile and industrial automation equipment.
The CAN bus included in the 86Duino platform includes the following features:
- Support CAN 2.0A and 2.0B standards
- Support up to 1 Mbps data transmission speed
- Support standard (11-bit) and extended (29-bit) data/remote frame transmission
- Provide 3 set of frame buffers
- Extensive error detection and handling mechanism
To simplify the effort to learn and become familiar with this library, the API design for this library is closely resembling the Wire library and CAN bus library from Seeed Studio.
Following are description for the function and usage for the API in this library.
The text of the 86Duino reference is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 3.0 License. Code samples in the reference are released into the public domain.