The RoBoard RM-G144 Magnetic Compass, ±16 3-Axis Accelerometer Board combines the HMC5843, a 3-axis magneto-resistive sensor with the ADXL345, a 3-axis accelerometer. The communication is done via I2C and the sensor connects easily to the RB-100 and RB-110 single board computers. The dimension of this sensor is only 20 x 20 mm.
The HMC5843 is a surface mount multi-chip module designed for low field magnetic sensing with a digital interface for applications such as low cost compassing and magnetometry. The ADXL345 is a 3-axis accelerometer with high resolution (13-bit) measurement at up to ±16 g. The digital output data is formatted as 16-bit twos complement and is accessible through I2C digital interface.
- Power input: DC-in 5V
- Compass: 3-Axis Digital Compass HMC5843
- G-Sensor: 3-Axis Accelerometer ADXL345
- Communication through I2C interface
- Compatible with RB-100 and RB-110 single board computers
- HMC5843 I2C address (7 bit address) : 0x1e
- ADXL345 I2C address (7 bit address) : 0x53
- RM-G144 : Main Module (Hardware only)
- Cable-RM-1 : RoBoard Module Cable (1.25mm cable)